Scott Seaman Sports Rink (Outdoor)
|Other Link||SSSR Calendar/Request Reservation|
- Adult Ice Rental (Outdoor SSSR) ($135.00 Add-on)
- Dry Pad Rentals (email for rates)
- First Come First Serve Open Rink (non teams) FREE (optional)
- Local Youth Ice Rental (Outdoor SSSR) ($90.00 Add-on)
- Non-Local Youth Ice Rental (outdoor SSSR) ($120.00 Add-on)
Scott Seaman Sports Rink will be OPEN for the Season on Nov 1
Home of the Oilfields Sports Association Phantoms
- Winter Season: Ice is in place from November 1 (sometimes the end of October) to the end of February from 8:00 am - 10:30 pm.
- Summer Season: Pad time is available from May (weather dependent) through September
- Ice and pad time is supplied on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- If there are no team/public bookings (check the calendar via the link above), it is available for FREE to the public.
- It CAN NOTbe treated as a private booking unless you have paid for a private booking.
- Everyone who comes is free to partake and enjoy themselves.
- Click the SSSR Calendar/Reservation link, or check the Change room building TV facing to see if there are any bookings. You can also find a contact number for the current team member on shift on the TV as well, in case you require any assistance.
- Open ice times are available for PRIVATE rentals November-February (teams, shinnies, family get together, birthday parties etc)
- Open pad times are available for rent April-July (off-ice training, birthday parties, pickle ball, tennis)
- Public Skating and Family Skate times:
- NO sticks or pucks permitted on the ice
- This time is strictly for skating.
- Family designated times are for families; anyone over the age of 18 must be accompanied by a child; children must be accompanied by an adult (even if the adult is not participating).
- After-school shinnies are for youth under the age of 18 to come out after school and play around.
Helmets are mandatory. No one is permitted on any ice surface without a helmet.
How to rent & see Calendar Availability
- Check the calendar via this link for available ice/pad time make sure to click the SSSR dry pad or ice sheet
- Click "SSSR Calendar/Request Reservation" at the top of this page, make an account and send your reservation for approval (Min 4 days in advance). If you have previously booked a reservation with us; you already have an account. Email for your login information.
- Call or email the arena to book your desired time (someone is available Monday-Friday 7 am-4 pm to take your call).
- All rentals come with access to the **Change room & Washroom facilities
- Rentals of the change room building on its own, will be available for events not rink related. (must be made via phone or email)
Please be aware the Scott Seaman Sports Rink can be closed at any time due to adverse weather conditions. The rink will be closed and bookings will be cancelled. Patrons will not be billed for rentals cancelled by the Arena. In the event that the time has already been paid for; a refund will be offered.
When temperatures are colder than -20 Celsius the skating rink is considered closed for the safety and well-being of the community. The Zamboni will also not be resurfacing the ice when it is less than -20 Celsius in order to maintain the integrity of the equipment.
It is advised that you sign up for alerts if you want to be kept in the loop regarding closures and openings of the rinks.
Notice to All Patrons
- Verbal or physical abuse of arena staff will not be tolerated. Rules of Conduct please take a moment to read and familiarize yourself.
- We reserve the right to refuse admission to anyone under the influence or in possession of alcohol or any illegal substances. The offending person(s) can be asked to vacate the facility. Banning from the facility may result.
The Scott Seaman Sports Rink is a 180' x 84' outdoor covered rink. The ice surface is kept refrigerated all winter season and maintained with an ice resurfacer. The open-air change room facilities (included in all rentals) are equipped with 4 change room areas, benches & tables and can be rented separately.
During family, after-school, public, or open ice times the SSSR change room/washroom facilities will not be open for use. You can come into the ORA to use their facilities.
If you require any further guidance or clarification please call the arena during office hours.
Contact Parks & Recreation manager:
Les Quinton Email: Lesq@town.blackdiamond.ab.ca