2021 Property Tax Notices
Pursuant to Section 311 of the Municipal Government Act 2000, R.S.A., Chapter M-26 as amended, the 2021 Property Tax Notices for the Town of Black Diamond were mailed the week of June 10, 2021 to all assessed property owners. Town of Black Diamond property owners are deemed to have received their tax notices as a result of the publication of this notice.
View the Annual Tax Pie Chart - Comparison showing where your tax dollars go.
Due Dates - 2021 Deferral Option
Property taxes are normally due on July 31st of each year, and penalties on all outstanding balances are levied on August 1st of each year. In 2020, Council authorized a payment deferral option to assis residents, who experienced financial challenges due to the COVID-19 pandemic. For 2021, Council has again approved a deferred payment date for the 2021 property taxes to September 30, 2021. Penalties will be applied on October 1, 2021. Property owners may pay their taxes at any time during the deferral period, and may opt in or out of the TIPP program, as needed.
Paying Your Property Taxes
There are several different ways in which residents can pay their property taxes. Please review the FAQ document to determine the best payment option for you.
If you are not making your payment in person at the office, the Town does not (generally) mail out receipts. However, if you would like to receive a receipt for your payment, please let us know that when you make your payment. You can also call the office at 403-933-4348 or email the Tax Clerk and request that a receipt
bemailed or emailed to you.
Tax Instalment Payment Program (TIPP)
TIPP is authorized by the Town of Black Diamond TIPP Bylaw. Please read the TIPP FAQ document to learn more about the TIPP program, and how you can pay your property taxes in monthly payments.
- The TIPP Enrolment and Authorization Form is available for online application. Please complete and submit the form at your convenience.
- The printer friendly TIPP Application Form (PDF) is also an acceptable application form. Please fill it out, and return it to the Town Office to the attention of the Tax & Utility Clerk.
- Use the handy online TIPP Termination Form if you need to terminate/cancel your TIPP payments.
- More information
- To make sure you are eligible for the TIPP Program
- To determine your monthly instalment
- To discuss a concern with your current TIPP account