Promoting Local Events
Community Event Promotion
The Town of Diamond Valley invites local community organizations to submit public events for posting. There are a variety of options available, including:
- Event Sign Boards on the east side of town
- entering Diamond Valley on HWY 22 by the hospital
- entering Diamond Valley on HWY 7 by Rona
- east side of the bridge next to the Lions Campground
- The Electronic Signboard on the west side of town on the corner of Millennium Park (this option is not available to submit until Amalgamation Jan 1, 2023. You must still use the Turner Valley application found on their website)
- On the Town website, under our Events Section
- On the Town Community Events Calendar
- On the Town Facebook and Instagram
- In the Town Newsletter
Guidelines for Event Submission
Before submitting an event for posting for any of the above, please review the following guidelines:
- An event is a planned public or social occasion. Public events presented by a business not directly in sponsorship of a local non-profit community organization or initiative will NOT be approved for posting.
- Advertising for private commercial ventures will NOT be posted.
- Personal messages will NOT be posted.
- If the event is located on or in a Town facility, it must be booked appropriately and insured.
- The event should be inclusive of the following areas:
- Diamond Valley
- Adjacent areas of the MD of Foothills
- Other exceptions to be approved at the discretion of the appropriate Manager.
- Events will be posted for a maximum of 10 days before the event date on the website and the electronic sign board; 7 days on the event sign boards (see the corresponding page for more information)
- Any classes that require payment are NOT permitted, but free classes or those hosted by a community organization with proceeds going towards local non-profit organizations, are acceptable.
- Events and programs in other municipalities which do not directly improve the well-being of Diamond Valley Residents will NOT be posted.
Submitting an Event
The Town of Diamond Valley reserves the right to decide whether an event fits the posting formats' purpose.
There are two forms for submitting your event for approval to be advertised. If your application includes the 3 event sign boards in town, you must fill out the "Event Sign Form"; this application will also have an opt-in for the remaining options.
If you are looking for the other options, not including the event signs, you will fill out the "Event Submission Form."
Once you submit your application and have received a confirmation from the Town of Diamond Valley, you can offer any supporting documents you may have that you would like us to use for your advertising. All papers should be submitted in .pdf format; all pictures should be submitted as .jpeg, .jpg, or .png files; the Town of Diamond Valley reserves the right to make necessary adjustments to the submitted posters and documents. If time allows, the adjustments will be sent to the event submitter for review.
To help ensure changes will not be made if you are submitting for:
- FB pixels need to be 940 x 788
- IG pixels need to be 1080 x 1080
- Electronic Signboard
- Newsletter needs to be a clean image without clutter and too much background
**You do not need to submit a poster; but an idea of what you are envisioning would be beneficial**