The Town of Black Diamond is pleased to announce that the Province has approved its application to annex 821 acres from Foothills County.
The Order in Council 15/2020 can be viewed from the Alberta Queen’s Printer website.
The Town of Black Diamond has initiated annexation discussions with the MD of Foothills. The Town is seeking to annex approximately 5 quarter sections, which will provide sufficient land for the long term growth of the Town. Annexation is the act of transferring land from one municipality into another municipality. The Town is not taking ownership of the land; it is just a change of jurisdiction.
ANNEXATION PROCESS: Annexation within Alberta is a provincially legislated process where a municipality changes or expands its jurisdictional boundaries…[more]
PUBLIC INVOLVEMENT: Legislation requires municipalities to consult with affected landowners, stakeholders, agencies, residents and the general public when considering annexation….[more]
RATIONALE FOR ANNEXATION AND GROWTH: The Town is running short of vacant developable land for both residential and business development. In order to improve its long-term sustainability… [more]
PROJECTED POPULATION GROWTH AND LAND REQUIREMENTS: The amount of land required for future growth is a function of anticipated population growth, density of development, and length of time being considered….[more]
INFRASTRUCTURE CONSIDERATIONS: ROADS, WATER, STORMWATER, AND SANITARY SEWER: Information coming soon
FAQ’S FOR LANDOWNERS IN THE ANNEXATION AREA: A series of answers to frequently asked questions concerning the effect of annexation on landowners in the annexation area…[more]
Annexation Report: The Annexation Report was sent to the Municipal Government Board for review. The Annexation Report is available for viewing.
Non-Statutory Plans and Studies
- Black Diamond Annexation Lands Servicing Review
- Black Diamond & Turner Valley Joint Growth Strategy
- Joint Growth Strategy Appendices
- Black Diamond Transportation Study
- Black Diamond Economic Development Plan @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Annexation FAQs **UPDATED**
- October 2 2017 Notice of Intent to Annex
- March 5 2018 Amended Notice of Intent to Annex
- September 2018 Press Release
- March 5 2019 Press Release
- Intermunicipal Annexation Committee Meeting Minutes
- Annexation Report @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>