Bylaw 18-08 Smoking and Vaping Bylaw
At the October 3, 2018, Regular Meeting of Council, Bylaw 18-08 was presented for first reading. It was titled the Smoking Bylaw, but that has now been changed to the Smoking and Vaping Bylaw. The original draft of the bylaw, along with some supporting documents, can be viewed as part of the Agenda package for the October 3rd Council meeting.
At that meeting, Council made the following motions:
- that Council agree to request that Administration amend Bylaw 18-08 by deleting section 6.1 in its entirety and replacing it with “Notwithstanding section 4.1, a Person may Smoke non-cannabis products at an event for which the CAO has granted a permit.” MOTION CARRIED
- that Council agree to request that Administration further amend Bylaw 18-08 by:
- amending the first WHEREAS statement by removing the final “and”;
- change the Title of the Bylaw, section 1.1, to the “Smoking and Vaping Bylaw”;
- correcting the statute citation in section 3.1 to include the required “c.”;
- delete “Notwithstanding section 4.1” from section 5.1; and
- in section 9.2 replace “o” with “of”. UNANIMOUSLY CARRIED
- that Council agree to further amend Bylaw 18-08 by adding “Highway” to definition 3.18 “Outdoor Public Place”. UNANIMOUSLY CARRIED
The amended DRAFT Bylaw 18-08 Smoking and Vaping Bylaw can be viewed here. At this time, it has been given 1st reading and amended as above.
The Bylaw will be returned to Council on October 17, 2018, for consideration of 2nd and 3rd readings. The Agenda for that Council meeting will be published on Friday, October 12.