Parks & Recreation
The Parks and Recreation Department is responsible for the operations and maintenance of:
- The Oilfields Regional Arena (Indoor Arena) (booking requests and availability)
- Scott Seaman Sports Rink (Outdoor Refrigerated Rink) (booking requests and availability)
- Small Outdoor Rink (Natural Ice)
- Parks and Green Spaces
- Pathway plans (Trails and Pathways Master Plan 2006)
- Playground equipment maintenance (on Town-owned playgrounds)
- Event Signs (booking requests and availability)
The Parks & Recreation Department has a Site Development Plan for utilizing the land behind the Oilfields Regional Arena. If you have any questions please call the Parks & Recreation Manager.
- Contact Les Quinton, Parks & Recreation Manager, for playground, tree and planting information.
- Please remember to leash & and clean up after your pets, to help keep our green spaces clean.
- The Town of Black Diamond Parks Department will be addressing the issues of "private encroachment on public property". If you have items that you have constructed or planted on any Public Property outside your home and yard - please remove it. For more information, please call 403-933-5272.
- The Town of Black Diamond has 3 event signs available for advertising of local community functions and Public Relations. A deposit is required. If you are interested in using signs for your organization please contact for scheduling.